The selected candidates will be joining our multi-stack/web team that works in multiple user facing TV Streaming applications such as Samsung Smart TV (Tizen), Google Cast Application Framework (CAF) receivers and even apps that are not “web” such as Alexa skills and Roku applications.
Most of your work will be focused on client side applications (no server side code), however we occasionally work on full app ecosystems that have a backend component for which we develop a web application on frameworks like Ruby on Rails to support both a Content Management System (CMS) and REST API.
We value team members that are fast learners and eager to learn new programming languages and stacks as projects and new challenges get assigned.
Key areas of knowledge/experience:
- Consume and interact with RESTful APIs
- Source code version control with Git
- Fully capable of reading technical documentation in english and follow up technical questions via written communications (email, slack, etc) with external support teams.
- Ideal but not required:
- Experience on web application development with MVC frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Django, .Net or similar.
- Experience and familiarity with Gitflow version control workflow
- Experience consuming and interacting with AWS services via API and console.
- Location: Tegucigalpa
- Position: Full Time
- Number of openings: 2
- Education: Ing. en Sistemas / Matemáticas is preferred
- We celebrate diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants without regard of gender, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
- We have created a great work space for our team where we encourage collaboration with your peers, however there is also a large component of remote communication with teams and client counterparts in the US. All of our communications take place via internet/cloud tools such as Slack, Zoom, Dropbox, Github, JIRA, Google Drive.
- El manejo de inglés es ideal pero no requerido (tenemos un programa de beca parcial 50/50 de educación de inglés)
- Develop consumer based products targeting millions of users
- Work with iconic brands in the entertainment industry. We are currently working with some of the most important TV entertainment brands in the world and have worked in the past with brands such as Netflix, NBCUniversal, AMC’s The Walking Dead and much more.
- Great and balanced work environment https://www.instagram.com/icoms.co/
- Work with some of the most talented, dedicated and creative professionals in the area
- Competitive salary with clear growth and career paths
- Annual budget for training and international conferences
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team members.
- Contract according to Honduran laws
- Private medical insurance
- Half scholarship for english training (if needed)
All interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and key portfolio projects.